Johannes vermeer painting technique is very unique, almost like photography, when the cloud of light and people around is very vivid. Beginning is generally accepted that vermeer painting is by means of the mirror, and other visual tools, it can be said that vermeer is first photography method of depicting vividly realistic painter. Vermeer paintings do have a feeling of photography, as if through the lens can see all kinds of distortion, different angles and the isolation of the light. Vermeer use camera obscura projection transfer objects onto the canvas, he watched the object from the camera or object directly write by looking at the mirror. Vermeer left no drawings, but in his "the artists in the studio," can see gray canvas outline very accurate sketch. The sketch, it is through the visual instrument, with the help of then turned to the canvas.
Johannes vermeer paintings is the other side of the mysterious and attractive appeal, lies in the cloud around the characters in his paintings. Vermeer through thin coating translucent color to light gray images and differentiation, to achieve the result of the fog. Differentiate area refers to keep small light area, make clear bright in other parts of the body, while small light around the area into gray tone, and without leaving any traces.
Johannes vermeer is one of the greatest master of color shades and create mist effect.
Vermeer palette of oil
Johannes vermeer palette oil painting has good fusion, and can guarantee the soft color edge, because the vermeer paintings are mostly small painting, so the color oil does not need to cover a large area of effect. Vermeer is basically done in just black and white and color images of polishing, but his color oil, need some kind of element can automatically every pen gently, and makes the colour nature fusion, without dry brush color, so the vermeer palette oil similar to Rubens, but add a lot of turpentine of Venice.
Used in the demonstration picture below, is the basic color variations of oil, its practices refer to "how to make suitable for copy of Rembrandt paintings toning oil". After insert the color mixing of oil in the palette, with toning point a few drops of Venice turpentine, mix them with a palette knife. Turpentine oil after toning oil, can be used as thinner, join in each color. When learning vermeer painting skills, bear in mind that use large amounts of Venice turpentine.
Vermeer painting skill demonstration
In most cases, Johannes vermeer in weaving good smooth bottom of canvas painting, occasionally also draw on the drawing board, of course, vermeer picture for very smooth, in order to show his skill a high level of accuracy, the canvas color is gray, which made him can be easily combined with light and color.
In the demonstration picture below, with 6.3 cm not heated mei sonner sketchpad. Preparation, acrylic base on the drawing board with two layer, each time with a brush in a different direction, and after each dry grinding, finally into a layer according to 1:1 proportion of acrylic hoof oil and acrylic base mixture, and reconcile with brown and black toner, formation of gray in the picture. Can be used after dry.
Demonstration of drawing steps
Johannes vermeer use camera obscura, first drawn object projection to gray canvas, then sketch out in white powder brush strokes of characters.
Draw a sketch, Johannes vermeer modified sketch in black and white out the gray. Vermeer every change a part of the characters, each part of the revised and integrating color, make people form full, soft color edge. Only black and white and dichromatic to modify finish each part.
The first part of the color after dry, beginning the second part, and use only black and white and dichromatic still. Vermeer painted with translucent white, gray to improve skin tone and brighter around objects, to be prepared for the next glazing. Because if the base of color is too dark, glazing effect will weaken and not obvious.
The third part began to picture glazing. Glazing, use oil paints and toning oil make translucent color, with a dry brush color.
Finally, vermeer use toning turpentine custom oil painting , color, and a drop of Venice out bright opaque color, the picture of the specular gloss. Turpentine soft highlights around the edges of Venice, produce a kind of color had already been with dry brush melts to feel. Through the above oil painting techniques, vermeer embody the cloud and edge effect of using the color depth.
Demonstration of color and brush
Part 1 and 2. Lead white, ivory and black. The third part: lead white, it's yellow, pale yellow, France shallow scarlet, red, brown, red ochre, ivory black, ultramarine blue.
Brush for 4, 5, 6 and 10 round head mane, 6 round head sable brushes and large flat mane brush color mixture, 12.7 cm flat ox hair blending brush.
1. Vermeer will draw directly with camera obscura projection on his drawing board or canvas. Demonstration, according to the first a few photos of the painting to draw sketch, and then in turn white chalk on the drawing boards.
2. Black, white, ivory, toning oil mix of gray, coated with light gray in the picture. Dark gray hair and ribbons. In the color gray shadow face and hat, choose the canvas color grey as the area of light color.
3. With the light of shallow light grey paint on the face area and background, and natural overlap around the characters on the hair and straw hat, form a subdued color edge.
4. Apply shallow light grey background, and makes some of the background light from other parts, then brush with large flat melange color.
5. With a small sable brush dips in all kinds of gray, painted face details.
6. According to the outline in cheekbone, oil painting chin and upper arms, bold painted white specular highlights.
7. Perspective with soft hair brush to mixed color highlights. Take small sable brush with white highlights the strong highlights of the cheeks, nose, and then repainted with dark gray face, nose, mouth detail place.
8. Fine painting figures in the grey hat and ribbon, pure white specular highlights for hats, ribbons, ivory black as the dark.
9. Other not spread on the canvas in grey color, in the shadow of the dark grey to join his arm, and modify the right position, make it longer, more forward movement. Then in the light area of the arm and hand in white, this step every pen along the contour of the form.
In figure 10. Cover silk, with a white area and the dark grey shades.
11. In the two small sable brush, a used to highlight color, a used in the shadows, in order to depict characters cover silk and rely on the headboard. Drawing boards under gray as the picture in hue, and in this section only ivory black and white. To complete the first part, with about six hours.
12. The second part, first half paste translucent white, gray coating on the first part, and make the colors displayed on the first part, then blend color, and modify the first part of specular highlights and shadow zone. In this step, it should be light in color, polishing to get good results lay the foundation for later. Finally, only black and white and dichromatic modify pictures, until he finished bottom of the gray tone, ending the second part. This part is similar to introduce titian techniques of painting.
13. The third part began to draw the background. To wipe the first gray painted a thin layer of color mixing of oil on the bottom, and then start behind the figures of background colors. This kind of colour should maintain a low light color, with it's yellow and toning oil paint to cover the silk by the characters, in the shadow of the below part add in khaki.
14. With large dry brush blend color on silk, and then use the same yellow and toning oil stain the hat to. Hat under the shadow of the use of yellow, brown and toning color oil, with dry brush after the completion of the colours of the hats for fusion. Hat ribbon with a group of green oil and toning color.
15. Use white, it's a mixture of yellow and toning oil out of opaque color on silk and hat specular highlights. Bai Sequn green and toning oil mixed color painted on the blue ribbon, performance design and specular highlights on the ribbon again. In toning oil used in the above, plus a little Venice turpentine oil, can make the specular highlights of the surrounding color dilution nature color, without the need to specialise in color.
16. Ripe red ochre, a mixture of red and toning oil to headboard glazing color, and color, a little red light to your wrist, and its background color.
1 7. In brown and toning oil to shade the face, neck, chest and hair color. Mixed with yellow, scarlet and toning oil color color the skin area, in harmony with a dry brush color, also in the cheeks and scarlet.
18. Will be in harmony after color, skin color with yellow and white out the specular light apply on the skin, lips with scarlet and bright red coloring, and add a few drops of white on the lip, the specular highlights. Draw the pattern of the pillow, and then with a little ivory black and toning oil color the picture four corners, and turn it into other color, end in the third section.
19. The fourth part will complete the whole picture. Wipe face and shoulders with the hand, the last on the scarlet, scarlet and toning oil. Again with ivory black and color oil to background, pillow and color the pictures at the four corners, and then to melt, and the color cloth to wipe the head light.
Article source : http://www.buy-painting.com